Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

By the Numbers

365 days ago, I flew out of PDX.

# of airplanes it took to get me from PDX to GBS: 4
# of months spent in pre-service training: 2
# of months at site:10
# of Etsha villages: 13
# of countries I’ve been to in the past year:4 
# of oceans I’ve seen: 2 
# of days gone without water (max): 16
# of significant water storage containers in my house: 8
# of months lived without refrigeration: 3
# of hours I've gone out of my way just to get a milkshake: 2
# highest (known) temperature reached, in degrees Fahrenheit: 109 
# of times I’ve really cried: 4
# of baskets currently in my possession: 8
# of kids usually at my house in the afternoons: 5
# of pula deposited into my bank account each month: 2,875 
# of dollars in interest my student loans have accrued while in deferment: 1,122.91
# of semi-poisonous spiders I can see right now: 6
# of poisonous snakes I’ve seen (alive): 1
# of times I’ve seen elephants around Etsha: 6
# of miles hitch-hiked in one trip (approx.): 1500
# of Americans in my house: 12
# of contraptions I can use to access the internet:3
# of  phone numbers I have had: 3
# of projects that I feel were/are truly successful: 4
# of books read: 47
# of shoes that have been decimated: 8
# of Bots 12s in April 2012: 47
# of Bots 12s now: 40
# of miles between my parent's home and mine in Etsha 13: 9741.81 
# of days until Close of Service: 426

More musings on reaching the one year mark to come...

2 comments:

  1. You're my hero Boo! Keep up your great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 47 books! dang girl. I probably would have cried more times though. Congrats on making it through your first year! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete