Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Four Day Weekends= Epic Camping in the Salt Pans


Botswana Independence Day meant a four day weekend and an amazing time with some fabulous people. I think the following pictures sum it up.


Vast nothingness surrounds you everywhere you look







Some of my favorite ladies and me sitting in the pan, having some fun with my fisheye
                                                                     Meerkats doing their thing

Under a baobab over 1000 years old



Botswana Independence Day means a four day weekend, which meant spending time with a whole bunch of PCVs at the lodge/campsite Planet Baobab and the Makgadikgadi salt pans. We spent a bunch of time by the pool avoiding the 100+ degree heat, hanging out under thousand year old baobabs, sleeping under the stars (and getting the bug bites on my face to prove it), and taking a trip into the middle of the largest series of salt pans in the world.



In other news, I finally have a refrigerator in my life again which means so many good things, such as: cheese, yogurt, no more powdered milk, cold water, being able to eat meat besides just on slaughter days, vegetables that last longer than 2 days, leftovers that aren’t suspect, finally being able to buy fish in my village, popsicles, butter that isn’t liquid…. If I were a poet I would write an ode to refrigeration when it’s always over 100 degrees Fahrenheit outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment