Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Staging, and the Transportation Hell to Come

In describing staging, the words tired, excited, extensive, and informative come to mind. There has been very little sleep, a lot of introductions, group activities, and our last American food and drink (so far I've been a little disappointed in the beer options in Philly, I had a terribly weak IPA and a weird amber, but maybe I'm not looking in the right places). I've really enjoyed meeting all 44 of the other Bots 12 volunteers! I'm so excited to be working with such a diverse group of people of different ages, hometowns, and experiences.

And now, we're truly off to Botswana! Transportation hell to include: 3 am, bus ride to JFK. If without delay, there will be several hours between our arrival at JFK and the plane taking off on a direct flight to Johannesburg, around 11 am. Six hour layover in Johannesburg, and finally, a quick flight to Gaborone. We'll be put up in a lodge there for the night. The next morning, we will head to Kanye, the village where I will go through Pre-Service Training.

I will be without much internet access for the first couple of weeks, but my next post will be from Botswana! Love to all of my friends and family!

Side note: Apologies if this post is terrible. I'm writing it at 130 am from Philly... no sleep till the bus!

1 comment:

  1. BOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ammmm sooo EXCITED to follow your blog!!!! We are basically going through everything at the same time so I am pumped to see what your experience is like too!!!! :):) Hope everything is great!!!

    ReplyDelete